This is so odd I just had to post it.
Apparently Bloomingdale's will be offering a Jimi Hendrix-inspired line of clothing and accessories, says Guitar World. At first I thought they might be selling replicas of Mr. Hendrix' attire, in which case you'd end up looking either like a cast-member from "Hair" or a pimp. But, at second glance, it looks like these are vaguely Hendrix-inspired items.
It's fun to imagine other guitarist-inspired lines of clothing, like:
- Slash: leather jackets and silk top-hats
- Buckethead: designer KFC buckets
- Robert Fripp: button-up shirts that must be tucked in and always buttoned to the top.
- Alex Lifeson: clothing from forty years ago that has held up remarkably well and still looks great
- Steve Vai: see previous comment about Hendrix clothes-line
You get the idea. I think I'd better stop now before I say something mean.